[Wine] The Wine project needs YOU to help triage bugs!

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 13:05:18 CDT 2005

On 9/25/05, Dan Kegel <daniel.r.kegel at gmail.com> wrote:
> Wine is approaching the 0.9 release, and
> it's time to start fixing all the lingering
> bug reports in Wine's bug database.
> You can help the Wine developers do
> this even if you're not a developer yourself!
> All you have to do is spend an hour trying to
> reproduce a bug that somebody else filed.
> If you're interested, please go to
>  http://kegel.com/wine/qa
> for step-by-step instructions.
> That page is new, and I'd appreciate feedback
> on any problems you run into while trying it.
> Once it's proved useful, I'll add it to the web pages
> at http://winehq.org.
> Thanks, and happy bug-hunting!
> Dan Kegel
> Occasional Wine contributor and QA cheerleader

Thanks to Robbert this bug:

is verified with the latest snapshot.

I can report that having followed Wine a bit through the Crossover
Office product also I've seen this problem crop up with some other
apps. I've thought for a long time this one would be a good one for
the Devs. to look at. Unfortunately it is NOT and installation problem
but a run time issue.

Again, thanks to Robbert for trying it out.