[Wine] Various hitches in Starcraft.

P A futhark77 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 15 16:06:37 CDT 2006

Hi everyone,

I have been experiencing a latency problem in Starcraft and found it is
related in good part to the nice level I was giving to wine. The game is
very choppy when ran with nice -20. I also find it choppy at normal
priority. It seems to run well at -15 and higher (towards 0). That's good
news. I've been playing quite happily since.

I still find the cursor slightly sluggish. I find it, say, 2-3% slower
compared to its speed on my desktop.

Is it possible for anyone having the same installed to confirm these issues?
Thanks!

My setup:
Fedora Core 4
kernel-2.6.15-1.1833_FC4