[Wine] World of Warcraft Installation

Colin Kern razael1 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 11 11:58:47 CDT 2006

I'm trying to install World of Warcraft on Ubuntu 6.06.  I have
followed the instructions on AppDB to build the patched version of
Wine 0.9.18, and am now trying to install it.  I am trying to install
from iso files on my hard drive, not CDs.  I have created a directory
/media/fakecd, and I do "sudo mount -o loop disc1.iso /media/fakecd".
I also used winecfg to add e: to the device list, putting
"/media/fakecd" as the location and selecting "CD-ROM" as the type.  I
then do 'wine "e:/Installer.exe"' and the installer runs and I can
begin installation.  The problem is when it needs the second disc.  I
do "sudo umount /media/fakecd" and then "sudo mount -o loop disc2.iso
/media/fakecd" but then when I click on "ok" in the installer to
continue the installation nothing happens.  Anyone know what's wrong?

Thanks,
Colin