[Wine] viruses for mswindows on a linux machine running wine

Ramon Klass tier at p1atin.de
Thu Aug 24 11:49:45 CDT 2006

> My question is: can a windows virus - like Mytob.GH    for instance, or any
> other .bat or .exe virus install itself on such a system ?
no, most methods that virii use to install themself (get the system to run
them on each reboot) are being ignored by wine. But nonetheless, the virus
can be run once and can cause damage.
But there have been recent efforts to integrate a virus scanner into wine to
stop harmful code from being executed. The only reference I could find though
is this:
http://wiki.winehq.org/ClamAntiVirusIntegration?highlight=%28clam%29
maybe somebody knows more about the topic?

Greetings

Ramon Klass