[Wine] Wine & Putty & telnet

Zvone Zagar zvone.zagar at aero.si
Thu Feb 9 08:05:23 CST 2006

Molle Bestefich wrote:
>Really dumb clue if you know this, but then again maybe you don't.
>
>Run putty from a console like this:
># wine putty.exe
>
>Thus you will get a lot of output where you can look for an error
>that's causing the missing login prompt.
>
>HTH

Thanks,
 Well, it is not a dumb clue. I have been running 'putty' in this way.
I get no output until I 'fire up' the loaded session. Then I get many of
these:

  fixme:font:GetCharacterPlacementW flags 0x00081136 ignored
  fixme:font:GetCharacterPlacement classes not implemented

and many of:

  fixme:nls:MultiByteToWideChar MB_USEGLYPHCHARS not supported

BUT I get the same output  connecting to SSHD servers.  That's why I did
not pay any attention to it at the first place.

Regards       Zvone Z.