[Wine] Wine & Putty & telnet

Molle Bestefich molle.bestefich at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 12:35:51 CST 2006

Zvone Zagar wrote:
>   fixme:font:GetCharacterPlacementW flags 0x00081136 ignored
>   fixme:font:GetCharacterPlacement classes not implemented
>
> and many of:
>
>   fixme:nls:MultiByteToWideChar MB_USEGLYPHCHARS not supported
>
> BUT I get the same output  connecting to SSHD servers.  That's why I did
> not pay any attention to it at the first place.

You're probably right, not relevant.

Maybe there's a focus problem and it's hiding behind the main window.

There's probably a relevant debug channel you should enable, although
I'm unsure which:
http://www.winehq.com/site/docs/wineusr-guide/x509

I'm not sure how to find out what each channel means.
I think the officially endorsed method is to grep the source code for
WINE_DEFAULT_DEBUG_CHANNEL and WINE_DECLARE_DEBUG_CHANNEL and look at
the source files they're declared in (what do they seem to be used
for).  I would have much preferred if the Wine Developer Guide was
wiki-editable so people could fill in an info page for each debug
channel as they discovered what they do...... but that's another
discussion entirely :-).

Hmm.