[Wine] Re: wcmd - CALL doesn't honor PATH

Molle Bestefich molle.bestefich at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 17:22:57 CST 2006

Jesse Guardiani wrote:
> Molle Bestefich writes:
> > Jesse Guardiani wrote:
> > > Is this a bug?
> >
> > If cmd on Windows follows PATH, then it's a bug.
>
> Is that sarcasm?

No, but you might have misunderstood me - I meant a bug in WCMD, not in CMD.

As far as I could see, your mail did not state what Windows does.
That's what's important - Wine does what Windows does.

> The example works on a WXP machine for me. It also works if I don't specify the
> path. It seems to automatically add the batch file's home dir to the path,
> whereas Wine seems to require absolute paths in batch files.

Very good to know.

> > > Any way around it?
> >
> > Since you have an excellent bug report, you could report it to
> > wine-devel <at> winehq.org and then watch as nothing happens .
> > (Probably, but who knows!)
>
> I might do that.

A more efficient approach might be to open a bug, here:
http://bugs.winehq.org/

It's a somewhat complex interface (IMHO) and you'll need to enter some
magic keywords to make sure that the right developers see your
particular bug.

That's out of my league, someone else will have to tell you what
keywords apply here, I don't know.  But opening a bug would be a good
start, anyway :-).