[Wine] Re: Running Turbo C

Paul Romanyszyn pgr at arcelectronicsinc.com
Wed Jul 12 14:19:46 CDT 2006

Dotan Cohen wrote:
> On 12/07/06, Jörg Schaible <joerg.schaible at gmx.de> wrote:
>
>> Try Eclipse with the CDT plugin. Might be easier than running an IDE with
>> WINE.
>>

> Most of the work I'm doing in Kdevelop. But this is work for the
> university- and the work that I turn in must compile in Turbo C. I
> cannot take the risk that it won't compile in Turbo C, so I must check
> it. That is why I must run Turbo C.
>
> Dotan Cohen
> http://essentialinux.com
What version of Turbo C and date.
As I remember tc 1. was dos based. At around 4. it was a win 3.11 or win32s.

The options are dual boot to dos or window or get bochs, qemu or dosemu
to work and use it as a virtual PC with your choice of OS installed.

http://bochs.sourceforge.net/
http://fabrice.bellard.free.fr/qemu/
http://dosemu.org/

for the first 2 you will need to use mtools to transfer files in and out
of the emulated harddrive.

Once you have simulated harddrives and have a working bochs it is easy
to let qemu use the simulated install and it will emulate a little faster.

The turbodebugger should work under bochs and qemu. It may not work
under dosemu. The other drawbacks on bochs and qemu is the number pad
keys don't seem to work.

I have used bochs but now use qemu to run a cross compiler for an
embedded micro that only runs on dos 6.22 as it uses protected mode 32
bit instructions not allowed on win 95 dos.
Paul