[Wine] Problem: Warcraft 3 and OpenGL

Johan Bluecreek johan.bluecreek at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 13:33:38 CDT 2006

Hi, I've got a problem considering wine, and no one seem to be able to
help me at my distro-forum, so I'm trying this.

This is my problem:

I having some difficulties running Warcraft 3. I have several games
running flawless in wine (Diablo 2, Starcraft, Fallout and others), but
running warcraft 3 is too slow. I have seen in other threads on this
forum that one needs opengl to run it smooth. So I tried what all recommend:

wine War3.exe -opengl

But that didn't help. (I tried the regedit thing one finds at winehq
too, but that gives the same error). All that did was to change my
resolution and crash, with the following outprint:

err:ole:CoCreateInstance apartment not initialised
fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x55ddef50,0x00000000), stub!
fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x55ddef88,0x00000000), stub!
X Error of failed request: BadLength (poly request too large or internal
Xlib l ength error)
Major opcode of failed request: 143 (GLX)
Minor opcode of failed request: 29 ()
Serial number of failed request: 574

(Thats the part of the outprint that differs from the one I get wihtout
the -opengl flag)

And these are like hieroglyphs to me. Anyone know any tips how to get
this working?