[Wine] Problem: Warcraft 3 and OpenGL

Florian Köberle FloriansKarten at web.de
Mon Jun 12 14:11:21 CDT 2006

Johan Bluecreek schrieb:
>   Hi, I've got a problem considering wine, and no one seem to be able to
> help me at my distro-forum, so I'm trying this.
>
> This is my problem:
>
> I having some difficulties running Warcraft 3. I have several games
> running flawless in wine (Diablo 2, Starcraft, Fallout and others), but
> running warcraft 3 is too slow. I have seen in other threads on this
> forum that one needs opengl to run it smooth. So I tried what all recommend:
>
> wine War3.exe -opengl

Warcraft 3 with and without Frozen Throne Extension works fine at my
system. (Ubuntu 6.06 :: i386 :: Current Wine Version)

The only thing I did was calling winecfg in order to set my cdrom drive.

It runs fine even without -opengl. And Battle.net works too.

I suggest that you check if you have installed grahpic driver with 3D
acceleration.

If you have a NVidia crad like me and use Ubuntu Linux, you have to do this:
http://wiki.ubuntuusers.de/NVidia_Grafikkarten

(With Fedora 5 (x64 Version) i had some troubles get Warcraft working,
but with a i368 Ubuntu 6.06 it works on the same pc)

Hope that helps you