[Wine] Re: (Still) no printing possible in wine 0.9.15

Sven Rudolph sven at spaghetticode.de
Fri Jun 23 17:46:25 CDT 2006

Duane Clark schrieb:

> I notice that you mentioned something about only installing "cupsclient"
> on the second machine. Could you explain that part? Perhaps the answer
> is that Wine is looking for a running cups server. Even though I have no
> local printers connected to my second computer, I am still running the
> regular CUPS server, and it simply forwards the print requests to the
> remote machine.

Hello Duane,

thanks for your quick replys!

Ok, this is my setup:
Two computers, goza and ray. Goza is my name-file-nis-nfs-web-ntp-etc-print
server, connected to the printer. Ray is my workstation. Both machines have
cups-1.1.23 installed, but only on goza the cupsd is running. On ray no
cupsd is running. I just configured ray's /etc/cups/client.conf, so it
contains the entry:

ServerName 192.168.99.60

With this setup I can print perfectely well from all applications, except
wine, and as far as I know, this configuration is the recommended way.
Actually I have another Workstation, with the same entry
in /etc/cups/client.conf and no running cupsd.

Since there is no local /etc/printcap on my workstation, but wine (notepad)
lists my printer i560 in the print dialog, it seems that wine is at least
able to fetch some information about my printing environment, although it
is unable to actually print.

Sven