[Wine] using Office XP installed in W98 through wine

Nelson nmambre at gmail.com
Sat May 13 15:27:51 CDT 2006

I have to dual-boot, and already have an office xp installed in my w98
partition.

Whenever winword gets executed, It loads a document successfully and
displays "Microsoft word has not been installed for the current user.
Please run the setup to install the application" message and gets
exited from the application.

I guess it something with the registry. Is it possible to get the info
from w98 registry into wine user registry? Or some other workaround?

FYI, I need office to stay on w98, don't have space to re-install in
wine fake_windows. OOo also not option.

Thankz in advanz,

Nelson