[Wine] Re: Running Wine on Ubuntu variant and Outlook

Cláudio Sampaio patola at gmail.com
Sun May 28 05:51:55 CDT 2006

On 5/27/06, Dirk Roos <droos at ekonet.be> wrote:

> link141 wrote:
>
> For your second question, I'm not sure if WINE will run outlook, but
> > Kontact and Thunderbird are built for the same purpose and work just as

Can they Kontact or Thunderbird connect to an Exchangeserver (mail,
calendar, tasks,...)? I guess not, so those are not an option for someone
who's looking for an alternative to _Outlook_.

Evolution with Evolution Connectors DOES connect to Exchange Servers and
accesses all that stuff - public folders, tasks and such.

I think it's best advisable to run Evolution + Connector than Outlook. And
Ubuntu has packages for them.

Best regards,

Patola