[Wine] Re: Mac x86: Diablo II Copy Protection

Ojas Parekh wine at parekhmail.net
Wed Nov 8 16:44:10 CST 2006

> err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x627d09ac
> "x11drv_main.c: X11DRV_CritSection" wait timed out in thread 000f,
> blocked by 000c, retrying (60 sec
>
> wine version 0.9.24 from winehq. Building from sources on Mac OS X
> 10.4.8 (x86) and Apples X11 1.12

Apparently there are bugs with Apple's X11 implementation.  I would
recommend you try Xorg (you can still use Apple's X11 app if you like),
which is available through Fink.  I wasn't able to get Starcraft working
 using Apple's X11 implementation, but it works fine with Xorg after
I fixed the coreaudio bug and another CD-ROM related bug.

-Ojas