[Wine] Program entries not working

Declan Moriarty junk_mail at iol.ie
Sat Apr 28 08:50:36 CDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-04-27 at 12:28 -0400, Derek McGowan wrote:

>   You seem to be in the same boat I am - mainly a Windows guy, and
> starting to delve into the *nix world (I have some Solaris
> Certifications, and have been running Linux for about a year now - but I
> don't have enough time to actually sit at it and figure it out like I
> used to be able to do) - so it might be worth your while to learn
> installing in all three methods ...
>
>    1) Compiling from source (it's a nightmare for new users, but you
> learn a TON about how *nix functions, and you generally get a better
> build suited for your system).

If you guys want to learn, one way is linuxfromscratch, where you put
together a system from scratch and get it working. You need one hd
partition. A time investment, but you find out all sorts of things,
patch and hack code, write your own config files, etc. It comes in many
flavours, and support is generally good.

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org
--
Declan Moriarty <junk_mail at iol.ie>