[Wine] application screen cut off

L. Rahyen research at science.su
Tue Jan 2 22:42:28 CST 2007

On Tuesday January 2 2007 06:23, yuheng li wrote:
> cool, it seems that it's working, but some how the mouse is acting weird,
> it kept draging back to the center regardless of what I do, any idea?

	Please use "Reply to all..." or "Reply to Mailing-List..." options and
not "Reply to Author..." because it isn't good idea to hide discussion from
whole list - old anwers maybe useful for others.

	Back to your problem. That's probably bug in dinput. You can copy native
(from Windows if you have it) dinput.dll to Wine's C:\windows\system32
directory. Then go to the game's root directory (something like
~/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/YourGame/). Then execute:

	WINEDLLOVERRIDES="dinput=n" wine explorer /desktop=Game,800x600 game.exe

	It may work and it may not (if you get "dll not found error" then add C:
\windows\system32 to your Wine's path list or place dinput.dll to current
directory - dirty but simplest solution). Your mileage may very. Also you can
use Google to find out can you turn off dinput for mouse somehow in your
game.
	Anyway, it is good idea to write about this bug to http://www.winehq.org but
don't forget to specify what is name of your game and is there demo-version
available.