[Wine] Running Windows Database Applications

John R. Sowden jsowden at americansentry.net
Thu Jan 25 17:19:12 CST 2007

As it seems that we will be a year or so away from database application
programs for linux like there are for windows (Foxpro, Paradox, dBASE,
Access, Visual Basic, etc.), I am attempting to use windows as a development
system (on a separate computer) and they copying the application to a linux
computer (suse 9.3 to 10.1) to see if it will run under wine.

It seems that the testing that has been done on the above type of products are
only whether the original program will run to create programs, not whether
the compiled program will run under wine.

Does anyone have any experience/comments re: this issue?

--
John R. Sowden
AMERICAN SENTRY SYSTEMS, INC.
mail at americansentry.net