[Wine] Re: Yahoo Messeger

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Thu Jul 5 04:21:47 CDT 2007

lost butler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Dist: Debian/Sid
> Wine: debs from Winehq latest version
>
> I installed wine and accepted default config. I am attempting to install yahoo messenger msgr8us.exe . I choose custom installation of yahoo messenger without any of the extra things added on, just the messenger.
>
> The installation runs into a problem when it attempts to download Macromedia Flash player flash_inst.exe . It says 404  (file download cancelled or not found).
>
> Has anyone run into the same problem ? Would appreciate some help
>
> thanks
> regards
> shiva
>
> Here are the messages that were thrown out in the term window when the install was happening.

I don't have a solution to your problem, just wanted to make sure you
know that there are plenty of other chat programs you can run which work
  on the yahoo network, for example gaim (<-open source, cross platform,
cross network).

If you want to pursue the route your on, try installing the windows
Flash player before you run the Messenger installer.

Alex