[Wine] Re: I have got some questions involving Direct X

Alexander Nicolaysen Sørnes alex at thehandofagony.com
Sat Mar 17 09:37:35 CDT 2007

Fredag 16 mars 2007 20:53, skrev Giles Cameron:
> Alexander Nicolaysen Sørnes wrote:
> > Fredag 16 mars 2007 14:45, skrev Giles Cameron:
> >> Graphics card is Intel 915GM if I am interpreting the output of lspci
> >> right. And what do you mean by "drivers"? the one X11 uses? If so that
> >> would be "i810"
> >
> > I have a laptop with 865GM, which runs at Stronghold (DX7), although I
> > have not tested it with the newest WIne versions.  Is this behavioiur
> > something new, or has it always been like this?  What does 'glxinfo' say?
>
> Honestly I was under the impression that D3D9 was a long way away untill
> I started using the source code, so I dont know how long ago it is from.
>
> I'll attach the glxinfo output.
>
> > Keep in mind that the Intel cards are quite crappy, so you won't be
> > playing Command & Conquer 3 or Doom III on them.
>
> I have only ever had intel, and it is managable for me. :P

Well I suppose Solitaire should work fine with Intel cards. :)

You don't have Direct Rendering enabled, which is likely the cause of your
problems.  There are a few possible causes/solutions to this

The dri module must be loaded in /etc/X11/xorg.conf

Near the top of /etc/X11/xorg.conf there is a "Module" section, and it should
contain

Load "dri"

You also need a section to allow permissions for all users

Section "DRI"
    Mode 0666
EndSection

If you already have those things present, your kernel may be built without
DRM/AGP support.  Make sure the kernel is compiled with support for Intel AGP
chipsets, with Direct Rendering and the Intel i915 driver in the DRM section.

Alexander N. Sørnes