[Wine] Having trouble installing iMacros - dll errors

erikwickstrom at gmail.com erikwickstrom at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 00:47:22 CDT 2007

Hi all,

I'm trying to install iMacros (http://www.iopus.com/imacros/ - download
http://www.iopus.com/download) on my Ubuntu Dapper box running Wine
0.9.9.

iMacros is a webbrowser Macro/Automation/Testing application that I
haven't been able to find an equivalent for in the *NIX world.  If
anyone knows of something I can run native, please, please, please let
me know about it!! :-)

iMacros runs uses IE5.5+ and ActiveX.  So I installed IE6 using
IEs4Linux.  Seemed to install without a problem.

Whenever I try to run iMacros, I get this Wine dialog:

Quote:
This application is requesting an ActiveX browser object but the
Mozilla Active X control is currently not installed. Do you wish to
download and install it? <yes> <no>

When I click yes I get this iMacros Browser dialog:

Quote:
Failed to load control 'WebBrowser' from shdocvw.dll. Your version of
shdocvw.dll may be outdated. Make sure you are using the version of the
control that was provided with your application. <ok>

How do I correct this?

Thanks!
Erik

PS  Sorry if these are newbie questions, I just jumped ship on my WinXP
desktop two weeks ago.  I'm loving it!