[Wine] Re: Tell me the truth about WINE

Aggro spammerdream at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 19 00:47:29 CDT 2007

Ham Pastrami wrote:

> Either the db just isn't very helpful or WINE's functionality is much more
> limited than I was led to believe. There's only a handful of titles
> mentioned and a lot of them are duplicate entries under different
> categories.

Obviously only a certain percent of the people are interested in
updating the db and those who are interested don't have all the
applications in the world. Therefore it is not a good source to tell you
how many applications actually work with wine, but if you have certain
application in mind, it might be helpfull to tell you some informatin
how well you could assume it to work.

New version of wine is released pretty much every 2 weeks, so things
change all the time. You will gain the best knowledge only by testing
yourself those applications that matter to you.