[Wine] Re: abode acrobat professional 7.0 installation problem

emre a emreakbas at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 00:50:08 CDT 2007

On Oct 28, 10:12 am, Olaf Leidinger <leid... at newcon.de> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> > I'm using wine 0.9.9 on kubuntu.
>
> > The locale was "tr_TR.UTF-8", I changed it to "en_US" and it
> > successfully skipped that error. But this time it complained about that
> > there is no Internet Explorer installed. So, I'll install IE first, and
> > then try the acro pro. again.No, don't install microsoft's IE - later versions of wine include their own implementation and it seems as if installing IE doesn't work atm..
>
> Grab the latest packages from winehq.org and try them.
>
> Also have a look at :http://appdb.winehq.org/appview.php?iVersionId=4922
>
> Perhaps you start with a fresh $HOME/.wine  directory (delete or rename) and see if that works fine. It seems as if no native DLL files are needed anymore.
>
> Ciao,
>
> Olaf
>
> > Thank you.
>
> > Olaf Leidinger wrote:
> > > Hello!
>
> > > What wine version do you use? It should install fine with later wine
> > > versions (say >= 0.9.18 ). What setup-language did you choose?
>
> > > Caio,
>
> > > Olaf

>  application_pgp-signature_part
> 1KDownload

Thank you very much Olaf!

I installed the latest wine which is 0.9.23, then tried to install acro
pro 7. It failed. Then, I created a fresh .wine dir  and acro pro 7
installed  without any problem.

However, when I run Acrobat.exe, it shows up but crashes within 5-6
seconds without any reason.

Now what should I do?

--
Emre Akbas