[Wine] Re: abode acrobat professional 7.0 installation problem

Olaf Leidinger leidola at newcon.de
Mon Mar 19 00:50:08 CDT 2007

Hello again!

> However, when I run Acrobat.exe, it shows up but crashes within 5-6
> seconds without any reason.

Well, I've to admit that I've no idea what might be wrong. So far as I
recall I had a crash, too. But for some reason it went away - hmmm...

What you could try:
- install windows corefonts (look for "corefonts" in your package
manager) (I guess it might need the Tahoma font)
- run wineboot
- perhaps try to use native msvcrt (but afaik it worked without it)

If that doesn't work you've to find out what's wrong by having a look
at the debug output:

--> wine userguide: http://www.winehq.org/site/docs/wineusr-guide/index
chapter 4, section 5: Environment variables

They might help. And you could ask someone more qualified on the
wine-users mailing list or post your question in the app-db. IF you get
it working' you should also post the solution there.

Ciao,

Olaf