[Wine] Re: Vector CAD/CAM

Michel none at none.com
Mon Mar 19 00:51:06 CDT 2007

"toon" <xerox_xerox2000 at yahoo.co.uk> a écrit dans le message de news:
1164213540.261237.81130 at b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
>> So my questions:
>> 1) What does the log means?
> That ole-stuff still needs a lot of work in wine ;)
That's what I understood :-((

SNIP

> Look in the wine-development guide:
> http://www.winehq.org/site/docs/winedev-guide/index
I read it completely, and understood about 20% of it. 2 remarks:
1) Wine people did a tremendous work;
2) com seems a real mess....

> Of course you also might to try install dcom98 and run the app with
> native ole32.dll, oleaut32.dll and rpcrt4.dll.

I installed dcom98, which installed the libraries in system32 (after
nenaming the old ones),
and forced wine to use them in native for my application, in W98 mode.
Unfortunately, in that case, the application does not start anymore and
hangs.
It looks like I will abandon the idea of using Wine for vector CAD/CAM :-(

Thanks Toon for your advice;

Cheers,

Michel