[Wine] Warcraft 2 BNE - performance problem...

Huk256 at gmail.com Huk256 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 00:53:56 CDT 2007

Hello to all.

I have recently installed my Warcraft 2 BNE under wine (Ubuntu 6.10 -
wine version 0.9.29). It runs almost perfect. There is intro, sounds
but... game itself is slow. I mean my machine (Duron 1200; 384 MB;
GeForce 5200 128 MB (drivers installed 9746); should run this game
flawless (and it does under Window$) - but unfortunately, under wine
game is pretty choppy - especially when I select a lot of units (good
example is second mission in Human Campaign - when I select all my
archesr and footmans and give "move" command I can see that they "jump"
from place to place. Also map scrolling is rather slow. Is there any
way to speed up that game?

Thank you.