[Wine] Re: Simulating IE6 on Wine

Duane Clark junkmail at junkmail.com
Mon Mar 19 00:55:17 CDT 2007

Mantar, Feyelno nek dusa wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Feb 2007 09:24:33 -0700, ray wrote:
>

>> Why not? In for a penny, in for a pound. Have a look at ie4linux.
>
>  Won't help him. ies4linux installs in a seperate wine directory, so your
> other wine applications won't be able to see it. OTOH, I've heard ie6 will
> install in recent wine builds, though I haven't tried it myself.

IE6 has been installing ok in Wine for awhile. Running it, on the other
hand...
That is where ies4linux works so well.

There is no problem installing other applications into the same
directory that ies4linux creates. You just set the environment variable:
WINEPREFIX="~/.ies4linux/ie6"
before running Wine.