[Wine] Re: Compile wine to put inside a application (like picasa)

edurbs at gmail.com edurbs at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 05:57:48 CST 2007

It's the application: http://appdb.winehq.org/appview.php?iAppId=1485

> Is it going to be free, or commercial?
It's free software with closed source. I'm not the developer of the
application, but I'd like to suggest a Linux install for the
developers.

> Which Linux distributions do you want to support?
I'd like to support all distributions, but I guess it's impossible..
so I'd like to support most of all "possible" distributions with only
one installer.

> Have you thought about how you want to ship your application?
> The choices are roughly:
>   - as a .deb and/or .rpm
>   - as a standalone installer (e.g. using the Loki installer)
>   - as a Windows setup.exe, and have user install Wine himself
I'd like to use http://installjammer.com/ (I think it's like to Loki
installer)

> I am involved with Picasa.  There's not a whole lot of magic in the
> packaging.
> One of these days I hope to bundle up the scripts we use and
> publish them to make it easier for others to ship their own apps.
It would be wonderful :)

> You might want to check out my wine-isv mailing list.  See
> http://kegel.com/wine/isv/
My subscription is "pending" yet :)

> - Dan
Thanks for your reply,