[Wine] Re: Compile wine to put inside a application (like picasa)

edurbs at gmail.com edurbs at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 08:03:47 CST 2007

On 6 mar, 01:45, "dank" <daniel.r.ke... at gmail.com> wrote:

> > It's the application:http://appdb.winehq.org/appview.php?iAppId=1485
> > It's free software with closed source. I'm not the developer of the
> > application, but I'd like to suggest a Linux install for the
> > developers.
> > I'd like to support all distributions, but I guess it's impossible..
> > so I'd like to support most of all "possible" distributions with only
> > one installer.
> > I'd like to usehttp://installjammer.com/(I think it's like to Loki
> > installer)
>
> All that seems pretty doable.  What I would suggest is to
> take a look at how Picasa's Loki install works (i.e. what
> files get installed where) and try duplicating that.  That
> should get you a fair distance.
> - Dan

I compiled WINE-0.9.31 on my Fedora Core 5 with gcc-32. I've already
tested with Gentoo 2006, fedora core 3, suse 10.2, Kurumin 7 (debian
etch). It works wonderful with my windows application (wtlib).
But it didn't work with Conectiva 10 (picasa also didn't work). This
distro older then glibc 2.3.2.
There is some workaround for supporting distros older then glibc 2.3.2?