[Wine] Re: latest on printing

Robert M. Riches Jr. spamtrap42 at verizon.net
Mon Mar 19 00:51:25 CDT 2007

On 2006-12-01, timmr at atlanticbb.net <timmr at atlanticbb.net> wrote:
> Is there anyone on this list that can give an overview of what is
> happening with the printer driver in WINE ?
> As of version 9.24 I had functional printing with CUPS  but in 9.25
> and 9.26 I don't.
> I'm just wondering if I am not aware of some new steps that I need to
> do with each new release/compile cycle here.
> I'm using 2.6.18 kernel and compiling from source.

Until someone who actually knows something responds...

You don't state which distribution you're using or the
symptoms you are seeing.  My experience lurking in other
groups says a potential responder is likely to want to know
those things.

On the off chance it might be relevant, I found that with
Mandriva 2006 I had to install the libcups2-devel package in
addition to just the libcups2 package to get my Wine 0.9.26
(compiled from source) to connect to a printer.  (Now, I
just need to find the cause and solution to why some of the
lines of text look like are in Klingon.)

HTH

--
Robert Riches
spamtrap42 at verizon.net