[Wine] Winlink Airmail Help

Declan Moriarty junk_mail at iol.ie
Tue Mar 27 10:15:53 CDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-03-26 at 22:12 -0400, n2ayk at netscape.net wrote:
> Hello All.
>

> I was running Winlink Airmail fine for several months.  Somewhere
> between up grading Wine and Xubuntu I lost the ability to see what I
> was typing when writing a new e-mail.  The text is there but it cannot
> be seen.  If I miss spell and use the spell checker it will appear.
> When the spell checker is finished the printing disappears again. This
> is a built-in spell checker in Airmail.  When the e-mail is received
> everything is as it should be, no problems reading it.
> I am using Xubuntu 6.10, XFce desktop environment, wine 0.9.30 and
> Airmail 3.3.081
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
> Ed - N2AYK
Your best chance of help is always an exact error message, & a
downloadable version of your program.

Could be a font problem (X not seeing windoze fonts or vice versa). Also
possible a locale problem, e.g. something not being unicode compatible.
Anything illuminating in the console running X  or the xterm when you
start your app that way? Set initdefault to 3 in /etc/inittab and start
X manually if you have to.

--
Declan Moriarty <junk_mail at iol.ie>