[Wine] command demands double quotes

E Mee riggald at googlemail.com
Mon May 28 15:00:32 CDT 2007

Is there a particular reason that users are the ones who have to add the
escape sequences to Wine commands, instead of users typing a Windows-style
argument and Wine parsing it into escaped sequences for itself?

(I want to know if it's a case of 'just because' or 'because no one has
written a parser' or 'there is a requirement within Wine of <such and
such>')