[Wine] WoW action bar shortcut little annoyance : looking for a clue

Barbara Post b.post at laposte.net
Tue Nov 6 11:31:44 CST 2007

Hello,

I use latest Wine version (0.9.48) to play World of Warcraft latest version (2.2.3) but I have been
having a little bug with action bar, for not such a big while, and wonder what can cause it. So I'm
looking for a clue (some log ?) to diagnose what happens on my machine (it works on a friends' one
with somewhat the same configuration : same versions of WoW and Wine, Ubuntu Gutsy 7.10, FR-BE
keyboard layout, same WoW addons).

This bar (the down left one) has its icons mapped to keys "1" to "0", but clicking on "6" or "8"
does not work : there is no effect on screen, and no error in console if I launch wine from a terminal.
Clicking on "2" works, for example.

I tried the following but it behaves the same :
- deleting Config.wtf so WoW recreates it
- cleaning WoW cache
- resetting shortcuts preferences
- deleting every addon
- deleting .wine directory

$ dpkg -l | grep nvidia
pc  nvidia-glx                                 1:100.14.12                               NVIDIA
binary XFree86 4.x driver
ii  nvidia-glx-new                             100.14.19+2.6.22.4-14.10                  NVIDIA
binary XFree86 4.x/X.Org 'new' driver
ii  nvidia-kernel-2.6.20-16-generic            1:100.14.12+2.6.20-16.29                  NVIDIA
binary kernel module for Linux 2.6.20
ii  nvidia-kernel-common                       20051028+1ubuntu7                         NVIDIA
binary kernel module common files
ii  nvidia-kernel-source                       1:100.14.12                               NVIDIA
binary kernel module source

So for now I have to play it under Windows if I want to use keyboard instead of mouse click to
interact with action bar :-)

Thanks and regards,

Barbara