[Wine] Should I report my problem in Bugzilla? Outcast problem.

L. Rahyen research at science.su
Sat Nov 10 18:02:52 CST 2007

On Saturday November 10 2007 12:22, Rémi G. wrote:
> Yes, I enjoy solving "strange" problems and I would like to do it
> myself. This show me how developpers work and it's interesting for me

	That's great :) . By the way thanks for all your questions - they motivated
me to write the reverse regression testing guide :) .

> So perhaps you should add in your reverse regression guide the too
> following lines at the beginning of Step 1 :

	This problem may happen at other steps too so it isn't specific to the first
step. I've added Troubleshooting section to the guide on the wiki.

> In fact, I don't know which version I'm compiling so I
> can't guess which patch I should use to correct "freetype" problem... So
> how can I see the version I'm going to compile?

cat VERSION

> First, should I remove freetype.c.rej?

	freetype.c.rej doesn't participate in build process so its (non)existence is
irrelevant. In other words: you don't need to remove it.

> Then, should I reapply the patch to remove changes or apply the other
> patch?

	As stated in http://wiki.winehq.org/ReverseRegressionTesting just
run "git-checkouf -f" in case of mistake and try to apply patch(es) again.
	It is possible to automatically choose right versions of patches (by writing
shell script) but personally I do this manually.

> If apply again 0.9-gdi-freetype-old.diff :
> As I don't understand very well, I don't know what I should answer...
>
> If I apply the other patch 0.9-gdi-freetype.diff :
> Skipping patch.
> 6 out of 6 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file dlls/gdi/freetype.c.rej
> I don't understand too...

	Most likely you tried to apply wrong version of the patch and forgot to
run "git-checkouf -f" before trying to apply right version of the patch.

	Thank you for using WINE.