[Wine] wine-0.9.49 in Kubuntu Gutsy Couldn't Display Chinese Characters Properly

Flying wu_yinghui at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 14 09:46:28 CST 2007

Please see the attached screenshot. Notice that I could make notepad
show the contents of a file in Chinese after changing the default font
in notepad. I could see the Chinese filename in the window decoration
title. But in the "open" dialog," I couldn't read the Chinese filename
(each Chinese character was shown as '<')

In fact, I fact similar problem (Chinese character shown as '<') in some
other non-Unicode Windows applications like uTorrent.

Any suggestion on how I can fix this problem?