[Wine] Big files; Slow I/O

L. Rahyen research at science.su
Wed Nov 21 09:56:16 CST 2007

On Wednesday November 21 2007 14:59, Jean-Michel Bruenn wrote:
> My questions:
> - Any other users having problems with such big files (any other games
> arround there storing data in one big file, resulting in slow i/o?)

	Are you sure that file size is the real cause of the slow speed? Maybe it is
just slow I/O and not size-related, maybe something else, etc.

> - Any ideas how that could be fixed?

	Fix yourself (use profiling to find the cause of slowness) or report a bug at
http://bugs.winehq.org if you cannot. Reporting a bug is recommended approach
for most users.
	Before reporting a bug make sure to check behavior of the game in Windows. If
in Windows behavior is the same - this isn't bug in WINE but bug in the game.

	Thank you for using WINE.