[Wine] Ruckus on Linux

L. Rahyen research at science.su
Mon Nov 26 18:14:11 CST 2007

On Monday November 26 2007 20:48, Douglas A. Whitfield wrote:
> I wasn't sure how to access the wine dir except through the GNOME GUI, but
> I figured that out.  Now the problem is that Ruckus resides in the "Program
> Files" dir and I don't know what to do with the space.  I'm afraid I'll
> break my other WINE apps by changing the dir name.

	Try this:

cd ~/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/program_installation_directory
wine Ruckus.exe

	Of course you should replace "program_installation_directory" with actual
name of your installation directory where your program resides.
	Please note that this is the only correct way to run most Windows programs.
You need to cd to the directory with the *.exe file first and then run it
with WINE (don't provide full UNIX paths to WINE) - many Windows programs
will fail to work if you try to run them otherwise.

	By the way, you can use TAB to auto-complete file names and paths. For
example if you would type in the shell "cd ~/.wine/drive_c/Progr" and press
TAB bash will auto-complete the path for you.

	Thank you for using WINE.