[Wine] Sound problems with C&C 3 Tiberium Wars

Alexander Nicolaysen Sørnes alex at thehandofagony.com
Tue Nov 27 09:00:49 CST 2007

Hello,

I maintain Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars in the AppDB.  While the sound
seems to work fine for many users (including me), some are reporting extreme
slowness if sound is enabled.  At least one of those with problems is using
an Intel 82801 chip.  I've tested that on 2.6.16 and 2.6.22 kernels and no
matter what I do the sound plays fine, even with HPET and RTC disabled.  Does
anyone have an idea as to what is causing this?  I suppose there are multiple
variants of that sound chip, but I would be surprised if they are _that_ much
different.

Alexander N. Sørnes