[Wine] WOW won't start

Jim Hall volunteer.jim at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 22:07:06 CST 2007

On Nov 28, 2007 3:48 PM, L. Rahyen <research at science.su> wrote:

>        You have direct rendering enabled and NVIDIA' support for OpenGL 2.
> I think
> that everything should work correctly for you.
>

>        Thank you for using WINE.

You and DARKGuy are correct about OpenGL working. But WOW only starts to the
screen that comes up after clicking on the enter realm button. As the
progress bar goes to the right hand end the sound (music) goes crazy and
that graphic is as far as I get. I don't know if this is a Wine issue or a
WOW issue. Once or twice the game issued a crash report, which I sent in and
saved. Would that help?

Jim