[Wine] WOW won't start

L. Rahyen research at science.su
Wed Nov 28 22:34:14 CST 2007

On Thursday November 29 2007 04:07, Jim Hall wrote:
> On Nov 28, 2007 3:48 PM, L. Rahyen <research at science.su> wrote:
> >        You have direct rendering enabled and NVIDIA' support for OpenGL
> > 2. I think
> > that everything should work correctly for you.
> >

> >        Thank you for using WINE.
>
> You and DARKGuy are correct about OpenGL working. But WOW only starts to
> the screen that comes up after clicking on the enter realm button. As the
> progress bar goes to the right hand end the sound (music) goes crazy and
> that graphic is as far as I get. I don't know if this is a Wine issue or a
> WOW issue. Once or twice the game issued a crash report, which I sent in
> and saved. Would that help?

	If this doesn't happen on Windows then this is probably a WINE bug. In this
case you should report it at http://bugs.winehq.org .
	Before reporting a bug make sure to reinstall your game in clean WINE:

mv ~/.wine{,.backup}
wineprefixcreate
wine setup.exe
cd ~/.wine/drive_c/Games/WOW/
wine game.exe

	Where "setup.exe" is the setup executable, "Games/WOW" where is your game is
installed and "game.exe" is the main game' executable. Please note that you
*must* to cd to the directory with the game first. If you forget this many
games may fail to work.
	If above doesn't help then report a bug. Please note that most developers
even don't read this mailing list so reporting a bug at
http://bugs.winehq.org is important if you want to get it fixed.

	Thank you for using WINE.