[Wine] no jack option in audio selection

L. Rahyen research at science.su
Mon Oct 29 07:58:21 CDT 2007

On Monday October 29 2007 06:28, Rich E wrote:
> There are many, many, many reasons to use jack.   In fact, it is sort of
> necessary in my opinion, since no one program does everything I need it to
> do.  So, use the good features of one app, then jack it into another.
>
> Also, my external soundcard is firewire, which only works with jack.
>
> Hopefully someone(maybe a developer?) knows how to get the current version
> of Wine working with jack... it is very odd that the functionality exists
> yet there is no documentation about how to get it working.

	Actually everyone who is in the AUTHORS list is a developer but most of them
never used Jack.
	However I will try to help you anyway (I know little about Jack but it seems
that others at this list cannot help unfortunately). Please answer the
following questions:

	0) Are you using 64-bit distro?
	1) Do you have 32-bit Jack libraries correctly installed?
	2) What is the output of the following command (execute it at the root of
WINE' source directory):

./configure | grep -i jack