[Wine] [sound]alsa not working, oss emulation bad quality

ytriffy ytriffy at gmail.com
Sun Sep 9 07:49:01 CDT 2007

Hello, list!
I'm using KDE and oss sound system.
When I do winecfg:
ALSA lib conf.c:3949:(snd_config_expand) Unknown parameters 0
ALSA lib control.c:909:(snd_ctl_open_noupdate) Invalid CTL default:0
ALSA lib conf.c:3949:(snd_config_expand) Unknown parameters 0
ALSA lib control.c:909:(snd_ctl_open_noupdate) Invalid CTL default:0

I use oss sound emulation(driver emulation) and that is the only way to
get sound in games. And even that way gives bad quality sound (noises,
distortion). Other ways either give no sound or affect perfomance(the
game might even not start).
BTW cedega plays sound just fine but some games are not playable there.

I used all wine versions from 0.9.35 to 0.9.44 and still the same
result. Once even trie compiling alsa-lib from source and that didn't help.