[Wine] Team Fortress 2 (Half Life 2) trouble

darckness cyrix12 at cox.net
Wed Sep 19 19:51:31 CDT 2007

Hi,

I've been in #winehq all day with this and nobody seemed to have any
ideas, so I figured I'd post here.

I recently installed TF2, which is an official HL2 mod.  No problems
with installation.  The problem is that when I launch the game itself,
it crashes almost immediately and I get the error in the attached log
(made using WINEDEBUG=+tid,+seh,+loaddll,+d3d,+d3d_shader,+d3d9).  Thus
far I've tried using a native shdocvw.dll and registering it, and this
had no effect on the crash.

I started off using version 0.9.45, but downgraded to 0.9.41 for
further testing, and both had the exact same error.

I'm certain that this game can be run fairly easily with wine because
there is a video on youtube of someone playing this game on ubuntu
using wine.

If you need different debug options for logging let me know and I'll
send them asap.

Thanks in advance.