[Wine] An error I can't seem to get past ...

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Fri Apr 18 08:23:32 CDT 2008

On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 8:37 PM, kanwar.plaha <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> Got it working!
>
>  Thanks for your pointer of checking the logfile. I found some error about OLE and tried web search.
>
>  A forum said installing riched20.dll and oleaut32.dll from native windows installation should work, although it did not refer to the exact error message I was getting.
>
>  After copying those two files and setting them to native in winecfg, I can see the service desk client started up. Whether it works flawlessly as a application remains to be seen.

Excellent!

(One easy way to install those two DLLs is to use my script which grabs them
straight from microsoft.com and sets the override for you, e.g.
  wget http://kegel.com/wine/winetricks
  sh winetricks riched20 dcom98
However dcom98 is getting kind of long in the tooth, it's not a clear
win anymore.)

Please create an entry for your app at http://appdb.winehq.org and share your
experiences there.

Thanks,