[Wine] Wineserver causing heavy CPU load

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Mon Apr 28 16:42:19 CDT 2008

On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 2:35 PM, Bad2theBone <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> I am running Fedora 8  uname -r = 2.6.24.4-64.fc8 on my box with Wine 0.9.58.
> When I first installed it I noticed that my CPU usage jumped and
> stayed at 100% with wineserver taking > 85%.

I've seen that, too.  If you use strace -p on it, what is it doing?
Here's my report:
http://winehq.org/pipermail/wine-devel/2008-April/064999.html

> I killed the wineserver process and it dropped down,
> however it soon jumped back up when wineserver restarted itself.

Wineserver is started by wine whenever it's needed.

> I then killed it again and all related processes and disabled
> it from starting as a damen at boot time.

AFAIK, it doesn't start at boot time; not sure what you're talking about.
It can't, since it's a per-user daemon.
- Dan