[Wine] Re: Can't install IE6

thomazian wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Aug 27 21:04:43 CDT 2008

Hi awdoyle,

I too wanted IE6 installed for the purpose of Outlook Express and its mail handling, particularly with folders as I have many.  (...disregarding alternative clients with add ons for the moment)

I know IE6 can be installed using Codeweavers Crossover Linux app (based on WINE).  With this install, OE is also installed.  (You need to manually create a link to the .exe file)

I currently use that to access my hotmail, there are a few bugs I have come accross though.  The configuration of that may give some clues to get Outlook Express working directly under WINE.