[Wine] MacOS X cocoa and carbon for Linux?

Austin English austinenglish at gmail.com
Mon Dec 22 15:08:29 CST 2008

On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 2:48 PM, hahomir4ev <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> As far as I get the idea behind the WINE project , is to make Linux mach more user friendly , by the means of allowing Linux users to run Windows applications

Partially, but you're misinterpreting that. From the README:
=============
Wine is a program which allows running Microsoft Windows programs
(including DOS, Windows 3.x and Win32 executables) on Unix.  It
consists of a program loader which loads and executes a Microsoft
Windows binary, and a library (called Winelib) that implements Windows
API calls using their Unix or X11 equivalents.  The library may also
be used for porting Win32 code into native Unix executables.

Wine is free software, released under the GNU LGPL; see the file
LICENSE for the details.

Wine is an implementation of the Windows API for Unix based OS's (not
just GNU/Linux).

What you're wanting would be a separate (albeit similar) project.
--
-Austin