[Wine] All steam games produce choppy and echoed sound

pa1ntball56 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Dec 23 09:50:58 CST 2008

I recently switched over to ubuntu 8.10 and am new to wine, searched and couldn't find an answer.

I have not touched any of the sound settings on the computer- and only installed ubuntu about two days ago, so I haven't been able to fool around too much with it to change much. I installed wine and from there steam. When playing different steam games I installed, my sound is distorted, it comes out very choppy and sounds like it is echoing. This happened in every game I installed (CS 1.6, TFC 1, DOD, Digital Paintball 2.1). Please let me know how I can fix this sound problem if you know. Thanks