[Wine] Re: Running Wine on Win64

vitamin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Jul 19 15:06:47 CDT 2008

Gert van den Berg wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I'm wondering if it would be possible to run Wine on Win64 ("x64") to
> allow Win16 apps to be run?

No Wine does not emulate CPU nor the low-level system. If OS can not run such programs because it can't setup the proper environment (segments, descriptors, etc) then Wine won't help there.

Gert van den Berg wrote:

> Regular Windows releases of the DirectX 10 DLL's might significantly
> increase testing and / or development as well...

I'm not sure what are you trying to say hare? That you want to run native DX on top of Wine? Or native DX10 in XP? Neither is possible.