[Wine] Re: license server platform authentication

Timeout wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Jul 31 06:01:32 CDT 2008

There is not much to answer to this.
Wine is created in such a way that the windows applications under wine "believes" it's running under a genuine windows.
I don't think that's the main reason of the problem. The flexlm license server is being installed under Wine as a windows application and the license is a windows.
However, it's not currently working very well at the moment, there are some bugs, in particular when I had it working, the server itself was crashing just after the authentication.

Also, you have to run everything under Wine or everything under Linux or one application may not be aware of the existing of the other application.

Last but not least, if you open the .lic file in a text editor, you will see that there is nothing in it that's windows specific. There must however be an unlimited contact between the application calling the license server and the license server checking the license.