[Wine] Re: performance drop in WoW on rc3

Jim wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Jun 4 18:08:15 CDT 2008

ronoverdrive wrote:
> In RC2 I had frame rates of 40 - 60, now I get 10 - 30. Anyone else have this issue?

Its hard to say because the frame rates vary so much just by changing your view.  The number of players on the screen is a significant factor and changes frequently.   The worst performance is often in Shattrath city.  I'd suggest disabling all addons and going somewhere outside the city take down your FPS measurements for both versions of Wine just to be sure.

I haven't had a problem but mileage often varies with WoW, even on Windows.

You could also try http://www.wowwiki.com/Linux/Wine#Registry_Tweak_for_FPS_Boost its been known to help on some configurations.